Once again, I must say: what a difference a year makes.
One year ago today is when I left Denmark to go to Australia. Countless experiences and 10½ months later, I returned to my native country on April 1st. Denmark looks the same, but everything is different:
- I am engaged to be married in less than a month. This will change my life forever – for the better.
- I have finished my education.
- I have a job – working for the Adventist Church in Denmark. The position is a new one, emphasising new initiatives in communication.
- I live near Copenhagen again, not in the West.
- We will be living in a house, provided by my employer.
… to name a few.
But a more subtle difference is that my bond with Australia has been further deepened. The experience of an everyday life in Sydney, working for an aussie employer, developing and deepening friendships there has been truly life-altering.
I have seen good and bad sides of Australia, but even after such a long period the good by far outweigh the bad. The main problem is that Australia is just too far away – but then again, that’s also part of the attraction.
Good things are definitely happening in my life. But it is sad that the Australian adventure is over – for now, at least.